Congratulations to the six Global Aquaculture Alliance and Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) endorsers who were among the dozens of suppliers recognized by Sysco Corporation as part of its annual Sysco Supplier Excellence Awards.
The six recipients are:
• Devi Foods received the gold supplier award; the company is qualified to offer two-, three- and four-star BAP seafood.
• Slade Gorton & Co. received a special heritage award for diversity for exceeding Sysco’s expectations set forth for minority, women-owned and diverse supplier partners; the company has a BAP-certified repacking plant and is a GAA sustaining member.
• Trident Seafoods received a silver supplier award; the company is a GAA sustaining member.
• High Liner Foods received a bronze supplier award; the company has a BAP-certified repacking plant and is a founding and governing GAA member.
• Beaver Street Fisheries received a bronze supplier award; the company has a BAP-certified repacking plant and is a GAA governing member.
• King & Prince Seafood received a bronze supplier award; the company is a founding and governing GAA member.
According to Sysco, the 2015 recipients were selected from more than 2,000 eligible suppliers worldwide; selection was based on key business performance metrics.
“Every day at Sysco, our focus begins with the customer,” said Tom Bené, executive vice president and president of foodservice operations at Sysco, in a statement. “We appreciate the commitment from our suppliers across the numerous product categories in doing their part to help our customers succeed and to help us be our customers’ most trusted and valued business partner. We are fortunate to have such exceptional partners who understand what it takes to ultimately delight diners across the footprint that Sysco serves.”
Sysco is North America’s largest broadline foodservice distributor, with 196 distribution facilities serving approximately 425,000 customers.